Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yeah, Not Yet

OVERVIEW OF ALL INFORMATION:

Date of Departure: August 25th. I will arrive in France sometime on the 27th.
Host Family:  "In the mail"
Country: France
Language: French
Knowledge of Above Language: Fair. (If you give me enough time I'll get my point across.)
Exchange Company: CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange)
When: Junior year, all year.

Now you know what I know. ALL of what I know.

I have to say, I heard somewhere that exchange trips are 95% waiting, and that might be true. Waiting for my doctor's appointments, waiting for my recommendation letters, waiting for my application photos, waiting for my passport. And now, most recently, waiting for my host family.

I'm being absolutely pitiful, checking the mail box every single day. We've e-mailed (annoyed) my coordinator so much she said she'll overnight Fed-Ex the packet the moment she sees it. With every passing day I just get more excited!

My parents are getting worried, of course, because we need to make an appointment at the French consulate to get my visa, and we keep hearing horror stories about it being a lengthy process. You need proof of residence plus a whole bunch of other paperwork that we don't have yet. So...I'm not really sure what we're going to do. There's only two months until I go.

Yes, you saw correctly. TWO MONTHS! (And five days.) That's so soon....

(Cross your fingers that my host family information comes soon!)

~Josie Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment